- Virtual Clarity, my employer, for supporting my attendance here.
- My wife and family for letting me go almost a week without speaking to them properly!
- Fira Barcelona – it’s a big space and I’ve heard some people complaining that they’ve had to do a lot of walking but I didn’t come here expecting to sit down all day. The event staff have been good and I thank them all for putting up with so many foreign geeks.
- Josh Atwell, Damian Karlson and Alastair Cooke for putting on a series of great vBrownbag presentations.
- All of the speakers for putting together so many great sessions.
- The vendors / sponsors / solutions providers who make IT great. I didn’t stop at every booth but I had great conversations with lots of them.
- The event organizers who have spent the best part of a year making VMworld happen.
- John Troyer, the godfather of the VMware community
- Alex Maier, she may have moved on from VMware but she helped all of the vExperts so much and helped get me here this year.
- VMware – Thank you for continuing to innovate!
I’m looking forward to next year already. Whether it be in San Francisco or Barcelona (the 2013 Europe conference location isn’t known yet) – let’s see…
Michael is a Senior Consultant for Xtravirt. If it's got buttons or flashy lights on it then it'll probably be on his radar. When not "mending computers" (it's sometimes easier than explaining "cloud" to relatives), Michael provides essential education, entertainment and trampoline services to his two children.