Next week VMware are running a couple of Webex sessions that will take a deep-dive look into VMware View. It’s a partner only event so you need to be registered in Partner Central. Details for registering can be found on the Partner University home page.
(Annoyingly 1 of the sessions clashes with the London VMUG but hopefully it’ll be available for replay afterwards.)
The following is how VMware describe the series:
View our VMware View 4.x series to see examples of how to use View to create and manage virtual desktops for a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. View live demonstrations discussing different functions and features of View designed to teach administrators new to VMware View:
- View terminology, features, protocols and benefits
- The relationship between VMware vSphere and VMware View
- How View handles different use-cases through pool types
- The relationship between Composer and VMware vCenter
- About different pool types and use-cases
- The different protocols used by VMware View, specifically PC-over-IP
- The relationship between multiple VMware View Connection servers
Michael is a Senior Consultant for Xtravirt. If it's got buttons or flashy lights on it then it'll probably be on his radar. When not "mending computers" (it's sometimes easier than explaining "cloud" to relatives), Michael provides essential education, entertainment and trampoline services to his two children.